Reading School Football Principles
- Take a positive first touch that always takes you somewhere - keep possession and trust all team mates.
- Be confident in possession, always want the ball and always pass if a team mate is available. Become available yourself as soon as you have passed.
- Create space when your team is in possession - get wide, make the pitch big and keep the ball moving.
- Be patient when your team is in possession but know when you can exploit an opportunity. Use the ball effectively with the end product in mind.
- Be in position when your team is not in possession - work hard to restrict the opportunity and deny them space!
- Communicate and defend in threes to influence and then predict the opposition - pressure, support and cover.
When in possession (attacking) - Create, maintain and exploit
When out of possession (defending) - Deny, restrict and predict